Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hong Kong Hiatus

The past three months have been spent in Hong Kong, China... & as is known, I have taken quite a bit of time off from writing on my blog; for this I apologize. Although this is certain, I decided that this gap of time was going to be a much needed vacation from reality... and as the life cycle continues, one is reminded that every walk of life is anything but a vacation from reality, but more appropriately a "doze of reality." -_- 

There's something about living in a foreign country that is unbelievably sobering. I never thought for a minute that I would be unknowingly and unaware of my changing perspective of reality. I felt almost "disembodied" like I was viewing my own life in a 3rd party perspective. I felt in control and out of control at the same time. I felt lonely and appreciative at the same time. I felt love and embraceable solitude at the same time.

Most of my journey was spent peacefully lost. I was taking classes, however, most of my free time was spent wandering busy streets and areas that I knew nothing about. I felt anxious and comforted all at once and I still have a very hard time explaining exactly how this felt like. I felt extremely internalized and weightless; making decisions and experiencing things that I am, quite frankly, unsure as to whether they truly happened or not. Everything was very dream-like.

 I couldn't communicate with the majority of people and this showed me the power of body language and approachability; it showed me the beauty of culture and how we humans are much more similar than we are different. It showed me that humans are programed to love, not to hate... and that, no matter how this may sound, the act of appreciating others' stories and the potential knowledge one could gain from them, is a huge pleasure in life that we should participate in more instead of demeaning it. 

I believe I could write on and on, however, I will spare whomever decided to read this and continue with my stories, growth, and new experiences in future posts to come.

 ~*a day that I was lost          
near admiralty, hong kong*~

No comments:

Post a Comment